Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Excuses



For years I wrote my own blog in my head.. I have always had this strange infatuation with documenting my thoughts, so I would write letters with such depth and detail to anyone who would listen. Back then, I was a backpacker in the days of snail mail and there was something so gratifying about carrying my faded leather moleskin with letters spilling out of the back pocket. I even wrote a book (well 10 chapters) about the homeless characters I befriended- "Sydney's slums" if you could call it that!.

Well what I am trying to say is that I always thought a blog would be my "thing", but what was meant to be a daily blog has turned into monthly (just!). Excuses, excuses, a broken vacuum that gives my ankles shocks, a baby that destroys everything I own, visiting overseas relatives and a business that eats up all the hours in my day.Those are good excuses, but truthfully, I just can't seem to focus at the moment, my mind is so scattered, I can't keep a thought in a straight line. I zigzag, I Internet surf, I channel hop.

Really all I want to be doing is re-upholstering my new purchases. So I thought I would share them with you for a little bit of eye candy- goodness this blog needs it!

Once a month, I have my 2 free hours where I go to my favourite local market in Coledale and my favourite shop.. here are some of my recent purchases...


Promise to be back soon!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my god..I was thinking of your letters just the other day and thinking that I would send you one for old times sake....I still have all of the epic novellas that you sent and charish them. Your house is looking amazing...may need to visit soon. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete